It is A level results day in the UK today when our students find out if they got their university place. I actually make and give any cards before the results come out as I am proud of the recipients for their efforts.
This is a very different card for me- it was difficult to photograph as it is pearlescent card and a white stamped sentiment). Since I was doing a masculine card I used the photo below to come up with the colour combination of purple and green.
I wanted to use my new inkadinkadoo stamping gear. It is so much fun! I spent ages just messing around with various stamps and the gear on blank paper.
I used green and purple Centura card to make the card base and the sentiment layer. When I had cut the card with my trusty guillotine I used my corner punch to round the edges. I also score the card and embossed the frame using the trimmer as it allows me to emboss lines accurately using the measurements. I use the gap in the middle of the ruler above the channel to do this using my embossing tool.
I used the circular cog and the bottom right stamp in the set with pearlescent purple ink (so it would stand out) . To stamp the pattern.I decided to place the sentiment in the top third and arrange the stamping so it frames the stamp. However, to make it look more like shop pattern paper I did two more patterns at each bottom corner. I quite often buy lots of white ribbon and then use ink to decorate it so that it matches the rest of my card. On this card a made a pennant ribbon shape with white lacey ribbon and dotted it with the same alcohol inks (I did this on a piece of card as the ribbon acts a bit like a stencil so I can use the scrap of card in another project). The sentiment is a proud as a peacock stamp set that I got with a magazine (I forget which one). This is stamped in white pearlescent ink which is why it is so difficult to see in a photo! I used 3D foam pads to add a bit of dimension and pop to the sentiment.
I also decorated the inside of the card to match. I have a stash of pearlescent white paper I use for digi art as well. I used the same alcohol inks and technique on the paper for the inside of the card. I used the oval cog, same stamp and same ink to decorate the inside. I used my shape cutter to cut an oval from the lime pearlescent card and wrote my message here.
I’ve enjoyed playing with the stamping gear- I’m in the middle of some other experiments with it so I’ll post more examples soon. I’d like to enter my card for the following challenges. Do head over and check out the links as there are some amazing cards linked up there.
I decided I needed more craft storage but I needed to keep it frugal. Having made storage for my Promarkers the next thing was storage for the Perfect Pearls. I bought a baking tray for a pound and everything else is from stash.
I used some plastic reinforcers with rivets from packaging and stuck them to the back of the tray. I then threaded ribbon through them to hang it up. I made the background paper using Craft Artist and printed it onto pearlescent paper.
I added flowers and skeleton leaves to one corner of the tray.
I used punches to create this rosette with scraps of paper. I added a gem from a pin to the middle. I coloured the edges of the tray using dabs of alcohol inks and pearlescent ink.
I cut and stuck magnets to the back of the Perfect Pearls.
I wanted to use my new LOTV stamp and thought it would be perfect for beautiful inspiration picture for the CR84fun colour challenge and for the Stamptacular Sunday sketch (see end of post).
So this is my card
I designed the papers on the computer using the colours from the inspiration photo but also using the themes from the photo (flowers, swirls and stripes). The papers don’t show up too well here but the backing paper is light with a light pink flourish pattern, the horizontal is pink flowers on white and the vertical is black, white and pink stripe.
The edges of the card were coloured with pink alcohol ink and perfect pearrlised!
I chose my LOTV stamp as she is holding flowers and also used a LOTV sentiment. I decided to only use shades of pink to colour her and I created the background and sentiment background using distress ink and perfect pearls.
As it is Thanksgiving time I thought I would make a thank you card. My colours and papers were inspired by the amazing picture at the end of this post and I decided to work to a challenge sketch (also at the end of the post).
The ribbon reel challenge photo inspired me to design papers in these colours and to use a cute digi with a flower and butterflys and swirls (like butterfly wing patterns). I added gemstones to the papers. I had to flip the sentiment to the other side from the sketch so you could see butterflies on the paper.
On my cute image I coloured with Promarkers. I used stickles to highlight the flower and glossy accents to give him a shiny nose. I used blue perfect pearls on my rabbit. I used alcohol inks and glimmer mist dabbed onto the background.
This is a winter birthday card I made with my own papers made on computer again.
These are more lily papers I made on the computer. I sewed the papers to pink card using running stitch but on the top and side of the sentiment I used an embroidery flower stitch. I used lavender distress ink and perfect pearls on the edges of the card.
I used alcohol inks and glimmer mist to colour the lace and added gems and some WOC flowers.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and stickles for the fur trim. I used lavender distress ink and perfect pearls for the background and added gems. I used another piece of the lace over pink ribbon. I would like to enter this card for the following challenges