The challenge for July is Stars And/ Or Stripes so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project using stars, stripes, stars and stripes, America …….you can do anything you think is linked to Stars And/ Or Stripes. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below.
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Commissioned memory frame for a birthday with a stars and stripes theme by Elaine Nicholls.
- Striped deck chair picture by artist Lee Robinson.
- Exploding star birthday cake by Elaine Nicholls
- Independence Day card by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
- Metz cross stitch cushion by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
- Star themed wizard card by Elaine Nicholls.
- Striped owl doorstop by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
Inspiration from others
- Newborn stars and stripes cocoon hat set crochet pattern on Etsy by Warm Fuzzy Boutique.
- Embroidery on paper ‘While I Speak I Hope’ by Yunita Hadinata.
- Book folding pattern for double star on Etsy by Book Folding Forever.
- Stars and stripes cupcakes by Food Network Kitchen.
- 3D papercut star by Tahiti Pehrson.
- Star and stripe cushions. Free pattern by Craft Passion.
- Embroidered star top by Anna Tykhonova.
- Star wire earrings by Kythryne Aisling.
- Star card tutorial on Wenches Kort & Papir.
- Refashion using t-shirts to make striped bolero on a Constant Project.
- Photo inspiration star and stripe shells on tumblr.
- Stars in mandala drawing on Instagram.
- Tips on night photography by Currently Wandering.
- Striped shirt to skirt refashion at Create-enjoy.
- Shining Star fleece baby wrap on wonderfuldiy.com.
- Mixed media circles on stripes using Gelli plate on Create Mixed Media.
- Galaxy painted All Star Converse on Sparkle Collective.
- Spinning stripe quilt on Wendy’s Quilts and More.
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.