This is the picture I made to accompany the card for a new arrival! Once again I blurred the picture for privacy. I used a box frame from Hobbycraft. I used some of the elements I had designed for the card. They are colour matched to the blanket on the baby. I used some bright DP from my First Edition Hideaway stash and used sage distress ink on the card edges. I wanted to use dots on the paper and pearls to match the button theme.
I used ribbons from stash and coloured them to match using soft green Promarker. The buttons were from stash.
I coloured all the pearls with Promarker to match and pull my elements together.
I’m finally getting round to blogging some of my makes from the last few months. Making cards for several of my classes plud making these gifts for my form took me a lot of time and it was pretty intense but it was really lovely to give them personalised things as they are great pupils and I’ve loved teaching and tutoring them. So these are for their Summer Holidays!
I got hold of a couple of photos of the form (I’ve blurred all the information for privacy reasons!). I created the background for the photo using Craft Artist. I cut acetate to sit in front of the picture as the frames did not have any glass. I took some plain wood frames and painted them with black or red pearlescent paint. I used a circles stamp with silver ink and then heat embossed with silver.
I found these cute rulers on sale in January so I glued them to the front of the frames for the lads.
The red pearlescent ink actually has a pink sheen at a certain angle!
For the frames for girls I made paper flowers using punches and added red buttons.
I would like to enter these for the following challenges
I’ve been very busy making lots of good luck cards. This is the first batch! I decided to go for simple monochrome. I used a Krista Smith digi in blue and made the papers with Craft artist. I used punches to make the card asymetric and for added decoration. Here is one blue card in detail. Stereotypically the blue is for the boys!!
This matches the card I posted yesterday. I used two saturated canary digis to show the bookhead in and out (at I library I’ve decided!!). I created the background to the digis using Craft Artist. I sanded the wooden blank edges and coloured them with distress inks and then stuck on Tim Holtz dictionary pages. I then resanded the edges and coloured them with distress ink.
I coloured the digis with Pro and flexmarkers and highlighted with pearlescent ink. I used glossy accents on the eyes and lips.
I used ribbons from clothing and buttons to attach the base card. I punched two circles of the Tim Holtz paper and attached them together with foam pads with the writing facing inwards. I made the heart paper using Craft Artist.
This is the other side.
I made the flowers and leaves using punches and then coloured and added gems in the centre.
It took me a long time but I love the end result. I would like to enter the following challenges
Not got much time to post this while hubby not about so sorry that this is heavy on photos and light on text!!
I decided on a squirrel theme! A lot of the elements were from the Nitwits Go Nuts collection although I made the hearts papers.
The digi is from Sylvia Zett and is coloured with Promarkers. I used clear ink and turquoise Perfect Pearls on the background to the image. One of the layers is brown funky foam with glitter spray on it which I mounted with foam pads.
The heart embellishment is a velvet button painted with blue pearlescent ink.
My sentiment is in a font which has little squirrels on it!! The leaf and heart embellishments are from stash. The sentiment is mounted on glittered funky foam on foam pads.
If you lift up the easel there is a little squirrel waving at you!!
This shows the easel effect!
This is the back of the card using the heart paper I made.
Another Christmas card to add to the collection! I was inspired by this challenge photo from Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long and used the colours and bauble idea. I also picked up ideas from other challenges in my embellishments and papers.
Papers and embellishments etc on them are from Little Mittens Nitwit collections. The cute little mittens have buttons on them and I changed all the colours to match.
I love the button- it was one that I don’t really want to part with!!
I was playing around with pear green and lilac to make digi papers and for colouring my digi.
The background papers were made using my computer. The top layer and tag is textured card sanded with an emery board and the outer edge blended with green distress ink.
I used a button from stash and some white ribbon cut out from my clothes (the annnoying ones used to keep clothes on the hanger which constantly come out when you’re wearing them so I cut them off and keep the for crafting and gift tags!). I coloured the ribbon with lavender distress ink.
Digi image from Cuddly Buddly and coloured with Promarkers.