I have so much catching up to do on here. I was so busy getting all my makes done for Christmas that I didn’t have time to blog most of them. I went with a green, red and Kraft theme using LOTV die cuts and this has enabled me to make some cards with the matching scraps. I was really happy to make every card different and so easy I got them done in a couple of hours as I’ve only been doing this for a few months! I made quite a few so this is a really picture heavy post so remember to at least scroll to the end to see the challenges I’ve entered with some wonderful inspiration photos!
I used brilliance dew drop pigment ink to ink the die cut backgrounds. I decorated the inside of the cards as well so even more piccies!!
You can’t see the second paper that well- it is in diamond orientation!
I had planned to use various ribbons on several cards but I ran out of the glue I use at this point!!
On some of the backgrounds I painted snow with silver brilliance ink.
I’ve been completely manic with last minute Christmas makes and haven’t had time to blog them. I’ve got about 13 cards ready to blog!! Now I’m not at work I’m going to try and catch up with the blogging! Here is the first quick and flat card!!
I went for square Kraft card for my quick cards. I used a pearlescent green dew drop ink to colour the edges and background of the die cut. The die cut is from Lili of the Valley. Papers from stash. Here is the inside!
Another Christmas card to add to the collection! I was inspired by this challenge photo from Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long and used the colours and bauble idea. I also picked up ideas from other challenges in my embellishments and papers.
Papers and embellishments etc on them are from Little Mittens Nitwit collections. The cute little mittens have buttons on them and I changed all the colours to match.
I love the button- it was one that I don’t really want to part with!!
Another Christmas card. I’ve succumbed to attempting a card with a holly theme!!
I’ve inked the edges of the card and holly/ baubles paper with distress inks (red and some green towards centre. The sentiment was a magazine freebie.
I coloured the digi with Promarkers. I added glossy accents on the nose and boots. The fluffy hat bits were stickled and then I added Polar flowersoft. The background isn’t showing too well here but I used embossing ink and clear embossing powder mixed with turquoise Perfect Pearls and then heated.
I bought this Lili of the valley stamp for Christmas cards and wrapping etc for some of the boys in my family. They are all into Harry Potter so I thought it would be appropriate. This is the first card I’ve made with the stamp.
I inked the edges of the card with red distress ink and added platinum perfect pearls. I made the papers and sentiment on the computer using owls and stars as themes.
I added glitter to the red card around the sentiment. I added some red star embellies.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and used stickles around the edge and on the image. I also used perfect pearls on the top of the colouring to give some shimmer.
and used the sketch from Stampin from the weekend even though I’ve missed the deadline!
So here is the card
I inked the edges with distress ink and added Perfect pearls. I made the mushroom paper and mushroom pattern paper on computer and the frame with the digi perched on the mushrooms from the photo. I also made the sentiment on the computer. I added the pearls and ribbons from stash.
I coloured the digi using Promarkers. I tried a new technique with distress inks to do the grass and sky background and then put on blue and white Perfect Pearls for some shine.
I tried out some new techniques using Turquoise Perfect Pearls today to make my background papers etc. I’ve finally managed to learn how to watermark images thanks to the great MSErs!
The snowflake background was stamped with Versamark cyan and then I added Perfect Pearls mixed with clear embossing powder and heated it. I dry embossed the grid onto the other papers, put ink on the raised areas and heat embossed again. Inked the central strip and edges of the circle directly and heat embossed. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and frame in the same way.