I decided I needed more craft storage but I needed to keep it frugal. Having made storage for my Promarkers the next thing was storage for the Perfect Pearls. I bought a baking tray for a pound and everything else is from stash.
I used some plastic reinforcers with rivets from packaging and stuck them to the back of the tray. I then threaded ribbon through them to hang it up. I made the background paper using Craft Artist and printed it onto pearlescent paper.
I added flowers and skeleton leaves to one corner of the tray.
I used punches to create this rosette with scraps of paper. I added a gem from a pin to the middle. I coloured the edges of the tray using dabs of alcohol inks and pearlescent ink.
I cut and stuck magnets to the back of the Perfect Pearls.
I’m getting into hearts and flowers mode with this and some other things I’m working on! I’m still using up scraps where possible. I used some hearts pattern paper at the back and then sprayed with glimmer mists (unfortunately you can’t really see the pattern of the paper in the photo). I used a MS punch around the page for the inner paper and the corner punch for the back paper. I liked the inner paper so much I couldn’t bear to cover it up! I just added the same glimmer mists so it matched and to messy it up a bit!
I added pink roses from Wild Orchid Crafts which I painted with pearlescent ink. I also added a metal heart charm.
There were so many inspirations for this picture including the person it is for and these wonderful challenge photos (challenge detail at end of post). The pictures inspired my colours, flowers and swirls!
This is my creation with some words of wisdom.
I made the backing paper using Craft Artist and printed it out. I added some stickles to the clouds, butterflys and swirls.
I added glossy accents to my rain drops I’d designed and also to the beads hanging from my banner.
I used pearl and pink pearlescent ink to paint the edges of the petals on my flowers (which are from Wild Orchid Crafts). I added some pearl accents to my swirls.
I used a MS butterfly punch and curled the wings. I placed a couple of pearls in the middle.
I decided to make up a card type for this birthday card!
I used pearlescent cards to make my gatefold and stepper cards and stuck them together! I used a MS punch on the edges of the cards. I used craft studio to make the papers- the mice are from Nitwits Thimbles and Threads. The flowers are from WOC.
I used pearlescent inks to colour the lace ribbons for the stepper cards. The beautiful digi is from the Paper Shelter.
I also inked the doily for the inside using pearlescent inks sprayed on it.
Yep it’s my first attempt at a tri-fold card. Many thanks to the Top Tip Tuesday team for the great tutorial and inspiring DT cards. I’m really happy with this card as I managed to use lots of freebies from my stash so it was inexpensive but doesn’t look it!
I’ve used a Lili of the Valley die cut with lots of added stickles and also glossy accents on the robins and poinsettas. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and I added stickles TIP: It is easier to put stickles on your craft mat and catch the edges of the petals in it rather than applying the stickles direct (I find I use less this way too!)
The robbins, holly leaves, pressies and trees are all chipboards from a Forever Friends set free with a magazine and the papers were also magazine freebies.
I was asked to make this based on another card that I did but I’ve tried a couple of new ideas and techniques to make it even more special! I’m adding lots of pictures as it won’t be staying with me for long! Despite all the photos and most of the card being covered with perfect pearls I don’t seem to have caught the shimmer and sparkle with my camera.
As you can see this is an easel card for a very special birthday.
I used distress inks and pink perfect pearls around the scalloped edges of my card blank. I then used the same effect on the lilac card. I used my MS butterfly border punch at the top of the card. I then took some small butterflies that I’d punched out and coloured them by dipping them onto pink and purple alcohol inks placed on my craft mat. I tilted the edges up and glued them to the top.
On the base of the card I coloured the edges of the lilac card and papers with distress inks and pink perfect pearls. I tried a new technique to colour my lace with purple and pink pearlescent ink. I then added pearls into a swirl pattern. I added flowers from WOC.
TIP: you can colour embellishments and ribbons using the following technique- put small pools of glimmer mist, pearlescent ink or alcohol ink onto a silicone or glass mat. Using tweezers dip the embellishment or ribbon into the ink. If there are any gaps when you are finished then used the inks as a pallete and brush them onto any areas that have been missed. This can help you to match up colours on your card and also adds some shimmer!
I punched the butterflies with a MS punch. I coloured them by dipping them in pink and purple peralescent ink. I also added some texture to them by adding some perfect pearls in embossing powder in places. I coloured small pearls with Promarkers and placed then in the centre of the butterflies. I also made my first decorative pin. I took a flower pin left over from my wedding (Miachel Dark) and threaded pearl and snowball beads along it. I then bent is to become more of a swirl.
I’ve added paper to the back of the card and I have another piece of card ready for a personalised message to be stuck here.
I used a single lily digi to make the frame and add my Wee Stamps digi on Craft Artist. The image was coloured with Promarkers. I added some WOC flowers to the frame and sentiment. I used corners from WOC and stickled the edges. I dabbed clear ink over this and added shimmer with pink Perfect pearls.
This is the base with card when open. I hope the recipient feels it is special! I need to make a box for it too.