The challenge for November is Things beginning with C so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project using crochet, collage, clay, crazy quilts or cross stitch or related to cakes, chocolate, coffee, cards, circles, chevrons, caps, cups, candles, cats, cuffs, combs…….you can do anything you think is linked to something beginning with the letter C. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
This month I am Celebrating the relaunch of my Etsy shop including my Calendars and light up Christmas Cards.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Some of the links are tutorials. Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Knitted cushion cover by Susan.
- Floral circles by Annette.
- Grumpy cat cross-stitch by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
- Winter Wonderland light up Christmas cut paper by Elaine Nicholls www.achelois.co
- Textile art featuring circles by Alison Ripley.
- My first Christmas puzzles by Melanie Ridgeway at Fox puzzles.
- Chanel art by Lee Robinson at Creative Debuts.
- Cake by Christina.
- Alliums embossed, painted and light up copper art Elaine Nicholls www.achelois.co
- Chevron card by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
- Wearable embroidery circles by Jocelyn Leigh.
- Sewing machine covers made in class taught by Carrie Trigg of Cut’N’Sew.
Inspiration from others
- Free unicorn crochet pattern from hobbycraft.
- Free collograph tutorial with Lynn Bailey.
- Free chiffon flower tutorial at Sugar and Charm.
- Free mermaid crown tutorials at The Blushing Mermaid.
- Free circle skirt tutorial at Made Everyday.
- Chain-maille tutorial for Celtic weaves for sale at Chain Maille Jewelry Patterns.
- Free tips on composition for photography but applicable to art and crafts as well on Women Triangle.
- Free homemade chocolate truffle recipes on Buzzfeed.
- Free tutorial making a castle from boxes on Be A Fun Mum.
- Free tutorial to paint a cat using watercolour on eHow.
- Free tutorial for dandelion clock sun print on fabric at Garden Design Magazine.
- Free cap pattern and tutorial at Mushroom Villagers.
- Free tutorial for felt owl cone ornaments by Lia Griffith.
- Free calligraphy tutorials for beginners at Hobbycraft.
- Free couching tutorials by Sarah Whittle.
- Free circle stepper Christmas card tutorial by Cards and Scrap blog.
- Free fat quarter ideas for Christmas at Hobbycraft.
- Free cat door stop tutorial at Wee Folk Art.
- Free concrete planter tutorial at Flea Market Gardening.
- Ideas for Christmas decorations at My Life and Kids.
- Free pattern for crochet teddy hat at Love Crochet.
- Free sugar paste unicorn tutorial would be perfect for clay as well as cakes from Crumb Avenue.
- Free tutorial on textile collage techniques by Carolyn Saxby.
- Free mixed media tutorial for calm in the storm by Heather Greenwood.
- Buy elven ear cuffs by Craetions of Starlight on Etsy.
- Free tutorial for sewing cuff at Feeling Stitchy.
- Free tutorial for floral comb at Bride and Breakfast.
- Free tutorial continuous line contour drawing by Anna Stump.
- Free coffee tag tutorial by Live and Love Crafts.
- Creating cross-stitch Christmas ornaments at Carrie Actually.
- How to do crazy quilting on Craftsy.
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
I’d be grateful if you spread the word on this challenge by pinning the inspiration board or letting other creatives know about the challenge.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.