The challenge for June is monochrome so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project made in black and white, black, white and grey, or in different tones of one colour e.g. ombre (feel free to add neutrals or metallic as well if you want to)…….you can do anything you think is linked to monochrome. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below.
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
1. Dress made by Carrie Trigg using vintage fabric in shades of green
2. My monochrome line art adult colouring calender is now on sale (from £12 to £5)
3. Blackwork of sponges and corals by artist Jocelyn Leigh
4. I made a set of monochrome cards for pupils going on exam leave on this blog
5. Hand and arm warmers by Tina O’Reilly
6. Be Unique mermaid monochrome line art on my Etsy shop
7. Textile life drawing by Alison Ripley
8. Drawing by artist Annette Rose
9. Card in shades of purple by Kristina at Haith’s Handmade
10. Riding the Wave by Melanie Ridgeway which was the inspiration for her puzzle (available at Fox puzzles)
11. Twist on monochrome- yellow with black skirt using beautiful vintage fabric. Availble to buy from Carrie Trigg
Inspiration from others
12. Mixed media art prompt box by Maria Lina
13. Alcohol ink art by Tammy Tutterow
14. Quilt by Sheena Norquay
15. Tutorial on painting using coffee by Jenny Dolfenson
16. Petal ruffle icing tutorial by Let’s Eat Cake
17. Tutorial for ombre fishtail friendship bracelet at Feltasaurus
18. Scrapbook layout by Gabrialle Pollacco
19. French knot heart emboidery by Bearatam on Etsy
20. Tutorial for ombre dresser on Project Nursery
21. Picture from Kingsunderlavenderskies on Tumblr. Made from a thrift store crocheted tablecloth. Sewn closed, sewn elastic at waistline and hand dipped dyed.
22. Tutorial for sepia scene card at Crafting the Web
23. Free pattern for ankle warmers at Rowan
24. White on white anniversary card from Stamps by Chloe
25. Earrings by Beadedmischka on Etsy
26. Free sewing pattern for monochrome shift dress by Laura Casey on Sew Different
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.
Loading InLinkz ...