I created the digital backgound paper featureing a lace ribbon, strings of pearls, glitter and diamond and pearl embellishments. I colour matched these for the ODB challenge. I created a mathing paper for the inside.
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges. Please do go over and check out all the wonderful inspiration there.
Two makes for you tonight. A matching card and treat box to celebrate becoming a big brother! I designed everything based around a couple of photos where the recipient is dressed as a pirate using Craft Artist. I added a pirates hat to the baby and an eye patch to the recipient (as usual faces blurred for privacy)
On of the amazing things with Craft Artist is the way you can create the shadows- it really helps make it look like the boys are in my scene!It also adds dimension but with only 1 layer which helps if you are looking out for postage costs!The edges of the card are inked with distress ink.
I then altered a wooden box to make a pirate treasure chest for some treats. I painted the box with blue pearlescent ink. All the papers were designed on Craft Artist and were decoupaged on using Mod Podge. This is the top of the box.
I added some plastic gold coin trim around the outside.
Inside the top lid.
In the base…
Then full of treausre!!
I would like to enter these for the following challenges
I’ve been so bust crafting I haven’t had time to blog. Was determined to post one of my latest creations today so apologies that it is short and sweet!! This is a 60th birthday card for someone who loves the coast, sailing and used to go ballooning so the Ladybugs digi from Wee stamps was perfect. As usual I coloured with Promarkers, flexmarkers and also pearlescent ink. The edge of the card was blended with distress ink. The papers were created using Craft Artist.
This matches the card I posted yesterday. I used two saturated canary digis to show the bookhead in and out (at I library I’ve decided!!). I created the background to the digis using Craft Artist. I sanded the wooden blank edges and coloured them with distress inks and then stuck on Tim Holtz dictionary pages. I then resanded the edges and coloured them with distress ink.
I coloured the digis with Pro and flexmarkers and highlighted with pearlescent ink. I used glossy accents on the eyes and lips.
I used ribbons from clothing and buttons to attach the base card. I punched two circles of the Tim Holtz paper and attached them together with foam pads with the writing facing inwards. I made the heart paper using Craft Artist.
This is the other side.
I made the flowers and leaves using punches and then coloured and added gems in the centre.
It took me a long time but I love the end result. I would like to enter the following challenges
Another 21st card today and I also made some matching gifts which I’ll blog over the next few days. Inspired by Spring Colours and flowers I used my new Krista Smith Bedhead digi as my other theme was books as the recipient is a real bookie! I made the papers and frames using Craft Artist. I coloured the edges of the card with distress ink and punched the paper corners with a MS punch.
I coloured the digi with Pro and flexmarkers and highlighted with pearlescent inks. I’ve shown a couple of angels to show the pearlescent effect. Looks a bit OTT but it really just shimmers a bit as it catches the light.
I also made some paper for the inside of the card and punched the corners. I’ve smudged the message for privacy.
Sorry I haven’t posted for a while. I had a few projects on the go that I couldn’t put on here! I’ve got a ton of cards to make now so I need to get back in the groove. This is a girlie card- Just one DP as it is so pretty I can’t bear to cover it up! I used pink distress ink on the edges of my card. I highlighted some of the flowers and the wings using pearlescent ink.
I added a butterfly gem landing on her hand and then punched a butterfly from black paper and added pearls. I made the flowers by punching pink scraps, colouring with inks, layering and then I used glossy accents and seed beads to make the centre.
I also decorated the inside.
I used a Martha Stewart punch and stamp kit for the flowers in the central panel. I used distress ink on the card for the sentiment and punched the edges with a MS flower punch.
I decided I needed more craft storage but I needed to keep it frugal. Having made storage for my Promarkers the next thing was storage for the Perfect Pearls. I bought a baking tray for a pound and everything else is from stash.
I used some plastic reinforcers with rivets from packaging and stuck them to the back of the tray. I then threaded ribbon through them to hang it up. I made the background paper using Craft Artist and printed it onto pearlescent paper.
I added flowers and skeleton leaves to one corner of the tray.
I used punches to create this rosette with scraps of paper. I added a gem from a pin to the middle. I coloured the edges of the tray using dabs of alcohol inks and pearlescent ink.
I cut and stuck magnets to the back of the Perfect Pearls.
I love challenge inspiration photos- these have beautiful pink flowers and I decided to use pink flowers for a splash of colour in my cards.
Sweet n sassy challenge- see link at end of post
Just inspiration challenge- see link at end of post
So this is my card- unfortunately the colouring doesn’t show so well in my photos as I used pearlescent paper- there is much more depth to the monochrome colouring 😉 The celebrate sentiment was embossed on pink glittery paper and the corners punched with a Martha Stewart punch..
I used the Wee Suzi digi stamp and used Craft artist to design and colour the papers. I distressed the paper edges. I inked the card edges with black pearlescent ink.