The challenge for May is recycle so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic (recycle) just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project made with recycled materials (refashion, repurpose, upcycle, altered art) or maybe using up scraps that might otherwise be binned…….you can do anything you think is linked to recycling. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Links with tutorials or patterns are shown with a *. Links to items which you could buy are shown with **
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
1. I used scraps to add embellishments to a skirt at achelois.co
2. Beautiful dresses and other clothes made with vintage fabric by Carrie Trigg and available to buy at Sidcup & Co and her Etsy shop**
3. Using paper scraps up to make a card by Haith’s Handmade
4. Another way to use paper scraps in a card by me at achelois.co
5. Hedgehog book art by artist Jocelyn Leigh
6. Art on a bag at my Etsy shop**
7. How I made mini gift bags from envelopes at achelois.co
Inspiration from others
8. Making a bath mat from old towels*
9. Using tissue paper on glass vases and candle holders*
10. Refashioning skirts and tops by adding peplums*
11. 25 ideas for using shoe boxes*
12. 50+ fabric stash busters*
13. T-shirt shrug tutorial*
14. Skirt refashion with stencilling*
15. Beautiful home décor art at Romancing the Home
16. Mixed media palette
17. Different ideas for refinishing wooden furniture
18. Easy t-shirt skirts*
19. Patchwork style card using scraps*
20. Necktie aqua handbag by Rick Rack Ruby
21. 6 ways to make necklaces using buttons
22. The Bookworm by Tammy Smith Design
23. 50+ things to make with old sweaters
24. Lots of ideas on how to recycle old Singer sewing machines
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
1. Get inspired
2. Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
3. Take photos of your creation
4. Link up
5. Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.