Hi everyone. Something a bit different today and a new technique for me mixing sewing and digital crafting. In the UK there was a stand up to cancer fundraiser on tv last night so I decided to make a top with a Think Pink theme to wear yesterday and try and get as many people to watch as I could!
Since I’m a self- taught fairly new sewer it was slightly nerve wracking making something to wear to work! I made up the pattern for the top using tutorials on circle tops see my pinterest if you’re interested).
I used my serger for the edges. I used my Krista Smith digi together with Craft artist for the design and then printed it out onto transfer paper and ironed it on.
I used various techniques to colour my digi using Craft Artist and a couple of finishing toushes with Promarkers! It took ages but I enjoyed it and I’m happy with the result.
Hopefully I’ve encouraged some more people to donate to Cancer Research.
I would like to enter the following challenges
Hi everyone! I wanted to use another sketch today- I find they help me when I’m in a rut or mojoless. This time I used sketch and stash- a great combination for a challenge as it also helped me to use up some scraps I have created recently. I have been playing with my new Daydream digikit in craft artist 2 and a lot of the papers I made are therefore teal and pink- I love this colour combo. Hence some matching scraps and I just designed a couple of things to finish off using the same colour scheme. I’ve used pearlescent papers for printing and it was tough to get good photos today.
I used tumbled glass distress ink around the edges of my card- hopefully it was ok to mat with black card for the colour challenge- I had more scraps I wanted to use up and thought you wouldn’t mind as it is neutral!!
I decided to stay simple with my embellishments as there were quite a few layers- some pearls coloured pink on some of the flowers in my patterned paper and 3 of my flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. It was really difficult to resist adding more flowers but I thought it would look too much!
The sentiment isn’t showing too well but it is happy birthday.
I coloured my Saturated Canary digi with promarkers- my first attempt at black hair.
I decorated the inside with a kaleidoscope paper I had created.
I wanted to make some cards to make some money for cancer charities this month. Krista Smith kindly created the digi I am using- as ever it is beautiful and I only hope I do it justice with my cards.
I decided to use the colours from the colour Q challenge and to go with a think pink theme for a birthday card.
This is my card
I love this layout which is from the graphicat challenge (see end of post). I made my digital papers using Craft Artist so I could colour match them for the colour Q challenge. I used spun sugar distress ink on the edge of the card and black pearlescent ink around the edges of the pink layers. I made the pink patterned paper using blended spun sugar ink on pearlescent paper and then a damask stamp with slightly darker pink ink. I used some pearls coloured black to embellish.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I then used pink pearlescent ink to do some highlighting on the image and paper.
I decorated the inside of the card to match.
I would like to enter the following challenges
I’ve been very busy making lots of good luck cards. This is the first batch! I decided to go for simple monochrome. I used a Krista Smith digi in blue and made the papers with Craft artist. I used punches to make the card asymetric and for added decoration. Here is one blue card in detail. Stereotypically the blue is for the boys!!
This matches the card I posted yesterday. I used two saturated canary digis to show the bookhead in and out (at I library I’ve decided!!). I created the background to the digis using Craft Artist. I sanded the wooden blank edges and coloured them with distress inks and then stuck on Tim Holtz dictionary pages. I then resanded the edges and coloured them with distress ink.
I coloured the digis with Pro and flexmarkers and highlighted with pearlescent ink. I used glossy accents on the eyes and lips.
I used ribbons from clothing and buttons to attach the base card. I punched two circles of the Tim Holtz paper and attached them together with foam pads with the writing facing inwards. I made the heart paper using Craft Artist.
This is the other side.
I made the flowers and leaves using punches and then coloured and added gems in the centre.
It took me a long time but I love the end result. I would like to enter the following challenges
This is my first Saturated Canary digi and I love how she turned out! I used my computer to put her on a background that lookes like a room and colour matched to the papers I was using. I coloured using Promarkers and then used some pearlescent ink to paint highlights. I took tons of pictures as she looks so different depending on the angle!
The middle heart is a circuit board covered with pearlescent ink and crackle paint and a couple of Me To You brads.
I used glitter and pearlescent ink around the edge of the card.