Today I’ve got lots of inspiration for our March challenge- flowers. The challenge topic (flowers) just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project made from flowers, using flowers, featuring flowers, inspired by flowers….anything you think is linked to flowers.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, papercraft, crossstitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Links with tutorials or patterns are shown with a *. Links to items which you could buy are shown with **
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Carrie Trigg (cut ’n’ sew) teaches sewing and she taught the Creative Loops group to make this floral organiser.
2,3,4 Carrie also makes beautiful clothing from retro, vintage fabrics. These makes from floral prints are great inspiration…..or you could just buy one from her Etsy shop CarrieJTrigg and make something else for the challenge 😉
- My colouring calendars feature a couple of floral images **
- One of my hand painted bags with a floral henna style motif I designed **
- This was made by Annette for the challenge last month but as well as featuring a heart it also has some beautiful flowers. She drew using a fine black pen and then coloured with watercolour pencils.
- My Lord of the Rings inspired woodland scene **
- A colourful floral card from Kristina
- Beautiful artwork by Jocelyn Leigh on display at a local tea room
Inspiration from others
- Nail polish earrings** by SenJewelry with video tutorial*
- Felt rose mobile tutorial by tiffercolabear
- A list of 16 free flower knitting patterns at in the loop knitting*
- Flower vase card tutorial at notableNEST*
- Chocolate flowers….who would not love getting these!! Photo tutorial at all day boutique*
- Using forced perspective to photograph flower girls. Love this technique. It has taken me half an hour to track down the photographer- Tatiana Mikhina
- Blooming monogram with silk flowers tutorial at Urbanic Paper blog*
- I believe the original tutorial for this picture is at icreativeideas.com*
- How about making a floral Easter style bonnet like this one shown in CountryLivimg.com
- Tutorial for felt hydrangea cushion*
- A 3D card I made for Mother’s Day featuring lots flowers
- Beautiful textures in floral art by Paula Nizamas
- ♫ I’ve got one hand in my pocket and the other one is giving the peace sign ♫ Hand embroidery by Mariana on Flickr
- Tutorial for needle felted flowers at craft me happy
- 10 free crotchet flower patterns collated at Chaleur Life
- In series 1 of the Great British Sewing Bee Stuart Hillard added tulip pockets to his skirt in a refashion project. Great idea executed in double quick time!! He brought out a book called Sew Fabulous but I’m not sure if it features this project.
- Delicate cut paper flower by Maude White at Brave Bird Paper Art
- Loom knitting flowers- I’m not sure where the photo originates from (please contact me if you know). Video tutorial on loom knitting flowers here.
- Why not try a tulip style dress or skirt. Free tutorial for this tulip dress at The Felted Fox
- Several patterns for this hippo available using African flower hexagons
- Beautiful altered shadow box scrapbook layout at The Dusty Attic Blog
- Caught in crystal technique with flower stamp
- Painting watercolour hydrangea- step by step tutorial*
- Mixed media art by Toni Burt
- Altered art shabby chic clock attributed to Asuka Miyamoto. Definitely uses her chipboard layout.
- Alcohol ink painting by Teri Jones
- accredited to A Fairy’s Dream at afairysdreamonline.com but blog appears to be inactive
- zentangle meets embroidery by hoooooplaart on tumblr
- Altered frame using products by ArtC (Momenta) at CHA 2016 and shown on Create and Craft TV
- Vase book folding pattern and tutorial* for sale on Etsy by Foldilocks**
- Vase and flower book folding at Bev’s Book Folding Blog with link to YouTube tutorial on making the flowers*
- Wet felting by Renata on Flickr
- Screen printed t-shirt with dimensional flowers added was available at Zara
- Recycled denim bag by Alla Larkin. She has a shop on Etsy and a blog
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.