The challenge for August is Summertime so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project linked to Summer, holidays, beaches, rain 🙂 (I am in the U.K.)…….you can do anything you think is linked to Summer. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Art on a bag by Elaine Nicholls, AcheloisHandmade on Etsy.
- Chrysanthenum card by Kristina of Haith’s Handmade.
- Embroidered shells by artist Jocelyn Leigh.
- Dancing Dolphins by artist Melanie Ridgeway at Fox-puzzles.
- Water bottle cover by textile artist and teacher Alison Ripley.
- Art in a Heart by artist Annette Rose.
- Summer dress by professional seamstress and teacher Carrie J Trigg.
- Sunglasses by artist Lee Robinson.
Inspiration from others
- Cornish Driftwood ornament by CornishCreationsUK on Etsy.
- Art on shells by Alisa Burke.
- WanderLust series of embroidery by Teresa Lim. This one is beach huts in Melbourne, Australia.
- Crochet Summer jacket pattern at knitsi.com.
- Love The Beach mixed media piece by Katy Leitch with step by step photos.
- Easy Beach Cake at CakeWhiz.
- Sunbathing bag at The Golden Adventures of a Dark Horse.
- Mini beach bag in paper by Bianca at Stempeleinmaleins.
- Art sails on Driftwood Boats by Alisa Burke.
- Travel art journal by Gabi Campanario at Urban Sketchers.
- How to make Sun Prints at Garden Therapy.
- Shooting and Processing Seascape Photography by Raiatea Arcuri on You Tube.
- Sewing Bee Shift Dress pattern at Sewmag.
- Blueberry cheesecake ice-cream recipe at Jamie Cooks It Up.
- Summerfun scrapbook page with free download of the background by Kim Jackson at Creating Keepsakes.
- How To Paint A Beach Tutorial by Pamela at Flowerpatch Farmhouse.
- Making a top from 2 scarves and a ribbon by Rebekah at Potholes and Pantyhose.
- Reversible Summer Hat tutorial (adult or child) at Martha Stewart.
- All Seasons Notepad set by Annette at Nettys Cards.
- Journal prompts for a travel journal by Kenzie at Hello Neverland.
- Boat Trip to Samos by Ingrid at Ingrid’s Place.
- Pallet Beach Wall Art at The White Birch Studio on Etsy.
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
- I’d be grateful if you spread the word on this challenge by pinning the inspiration board or letting other creatives know about the challenge.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.
If you use my affiliate links to Amazon to make a purchase it will not cost you any extra and will help me to pay the costs of running this blog. I only link to products I have used and I am happy to recommend and I do not take any gifts or payments to endorse a specific product. A big thank you for your support. Craftie Jellie (Elaine) x