Today I’ve got lots of inspiration for our April challenge- water. The challenge topic (water) just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project made with water (ice sculpture anyone?) using water (dye fabric or yarn, watercolour etc.), featuring water, inspired by water (beaches, waterfall cardigans, mermaids)….anything you think is linked to water.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Links with tutorials or patterns are shown with a *. Links to items which you could buy are shown with **
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Nautical card by Haith’s Handmade
- Be Unique is original artwork by me available to buy (prints also available on my Etsy shop). Mermaid & quote ‘You’ve got your own style so let it shine through and remember no matter what you gotta be you’.**
- Altered book with stream and fish by Jocelyn Leigh
- Water bottle carry bag by textile artist Alison Ripley. There is a tutorial for a similar water bottle holder with a pattern here.*
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain available at my Etsy shop**
- Girl’s summer A line dress using vintage oriental print fabric of landscape by water by Carrie Trigg and available to buy on her Etsy shop**
- I hand painted this bag using Inktense blocks and pencils. It is available to sell in my Etsy shop.**
- Melanie is a new talent in our local Creative Loops group. She has designed and created a range of puzzles many of them have an ocean and sea life theme. You can buy them at Fox Puzzles.**
Inspiration from others
9. Peru born textile artist Ana Teresa Barboza has created several pieces inspired by water including this piece with water flowing out from the embroidery hoop.
12. Video tutorial on how to make a seahorse using wire and stones or sea glass.*
13. Recycle a bottle using jute, decoupage glue and paper napkins with this tutorial.*
14. Using natural dye and shibori technique in this tutorial*
15. Tutorial for creating a botanical watercolour wreath*
17. Card I made using my mermaid digi stamp by Sylvia Zet at Wee stamps
18. Creating a waterfall bustle explained here.*
19. 24+ free sea creature patterns including some great goldfish mittens and knitted fish.*
20. I really love to paint anything. This is by Vivian Xiao.
21. Rain painting and other fun watercolour techniques with Alisa Burke (she also has great online courses including watercolour bliss).*
22. No sew waterfall cardigan from t-shirt tutorial*
23. Tutorial on painting realistic water with acrylics*
24. One of the great things about water is reflections and I used this idea in this card.
25. Waterlily tutorial*
26. Some tips for water drop photography*
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.