The challenge for June is monochrome so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project made in black and white, black, white and grey, or in different tones of one colour e.g. ombre (feel free to add neutrals or metallic as well if you want to)…….you can do anything you think is linked to monochrome. Please link up your project at the end of the post.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below.
Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
1. Dress made by Carrie Trigg using vintage fabric in shades of green
3. Blackwork of sponges and corals by artist Jocelyn Leigh
5. Hand and arm warmers by Tina O’Reilly
7. Textile life drawing by Alison Ripley
8. Drawing by artist Annette Rose
9. Card in shades of purple by Kristina at Haith’s Handmade
10. Riding the Wave by Melanie Ridgeway which was the inspiration for her puzzle (available at Fox puzzles)
11. Twist on monochrome- yellow with black skirt using beautiful vintage fabric. Availble to buy from Carrie Trigg
Inspiration from others
19. French knot heart emboidery by Bearatam on Etsy
21. Picture from Kingsunderlavenderskies on Tumblr. Made from a thrift store crocheted tablecloth. Sewn closed, sewn elastic at waistline and hand dipped dyed.
22. Tutorial for sepia scene card at Crafting the Web
24. White on white anniversary card from Stamps by Chloe
25. Earrings by Beadedmischka on Etsy
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.