Sorry but I’ve had a break so I didn’t realise the link up wasn’t working. Thanks to those of you who have left a link anyway. I will sort out the link up and extend it by a week in case anyone revisits!
The challenge for September is Feeling Blue so you can produce any type of creative project with that theme. The challenge topic just needs to be a starting point for your inspiration so you could do a creative project linked to feeling blue or something blue …….you can do anything you think is linked to blue (family friendly please!). Please link up your project at the end of the post.
Being creative is a great way to improve your wellbeing. This infographic focuses on the benefits of sewing but it applies to all arts, crafts and creative pursuits.
The Creative Loops challenge is for all types of creatives and is truly anything goes- art, mixed media, sewing, knitting, quilting, card making, paper-craft, cross-stitch, photography, altered art, creative writing, graphic design, floral design……if it is creative and inspired by the challenge theme you can join in. The idea is to connect and inspire creatives. We are a local group that meet weekly but anyone is welcome to join the challenge and link up their project.
Feel free to add any ideas and to chat about inspirations in the comments. I always appreciate knowing someone is reading.
Here is an inspiration board of ideas you could use with the links listed below. Some of the links are tutorials. Please add your finished projects at the bottom of this post.
By members of Creative Loops
- Treasure test by Elaine
- Bokeh card by Kristina
- Coat by sewing teacher Carrie for a class she is running this Autumn at Pottery on the Parade London SE9
- Dolphin puzzle by Melanie at fox-puzzles
- Memory making frame for a 16th birthday by Elaine
- Art by Annette
- Art by Jocelyn
- Card by Elaine
Inspiration from others
- Delft wedding cake at Bellaria Cake Design
- Painting the blues- a video tutorial for art journaling when you are feeling blue
- Shibori designs tutorial
- Blue iridescent stained glass heart by neilsglass on Etsy
- Blue floral card by Klaudia
- Embroidered Delft pattern brooch tutorial
- Blue moon nature photography on Etsy by FizzStudio
- Tutorial using bleach and a stencil to add designs to denim by Orly Shani
- Knitted blue tit at Ravelry- free pattern
- Tutorial for polymer clay bracelet in Delft style by Cara Hayman
- She wore blue velvet….tips on sewing with velvet at By Hand London
- Cookie monster cupcakes at I Am Baker
- Bridal brooch bouquet by Rubybloomscom on Etsy
- Tutorial for lighted bottle by Ian Anderson
- Tutorial to refashion jeans into a pencil skirt by Lisa Maybe
- Free pattern for amiguri blue bunny
- Delft blue glass magnet set by AKADecorativeArt on Etsy
- Blue hydrangea floral arrangement at Wedding Chicks
- Blue velvet cake by Laura
- Tutorial on painting a hydrangea in watercolour by Leslie Fehling
- Tutorial on using jeans legs to make a clutch by Jessica Rebelo
- Beautiful crystal headpiece by LuluSplendor on Etsy
- Tutorial on drawing blue eyes with colouring pencil by Matt Fussel
Hopefully that provided enough ideas to inspire you. Now all you need to do is
- Get inspired
- Create (original and new creations only, please respect copyright)
- Take photos of your creation
- Link up
- Check out the other linked projects, comment on them etc. We want to build a community.
- I’d be grateful if you spread the word on this challenge by pinning the inspiration board or letting other creatives know about the challenge.
If you have a blog please write about your inspiration, how it links to this challenge and include a link to this post. Add a photo of your project with your name and a short description below. If you do not have a blog post you can upload and share your photo or email me a copy of the photo and details. If you have any problems linking up there is a how to video and tutorial here.