The second day of my 100 day challenge today over at the 100daysproject. There are lots of interesting projects over there. Find out more about my individual challenge on my day 1 post here.
Today I drew some patterns that I will be using in my colouring calendar I sell. I start by drawing the outlines- leaves today. Then I study the subject- in this case it was easy as I have lots of different types of leaf in my garden.
I design patterns based on the patterns I can see in the subject.
I used my Sakura Micron pensfor the drawing (there are various nib sizes allowing a range of fine lines and they are archival quality).
It takes me a couple of hours to complete three leaves due to the detail. The artwork for the calendar is completely hand drawn so each month takes a few days. For the sake of this challenge I’ve taken a photo of the leaves I completed today and then manipulated them digitally using CraftArtist 2 Professional to produce a complete project. I also added my usual copyright information etc.
Please cheer me on with my challenge and follow me on instagram if you are over there (any pointers are welcome as I have no idea what I am doing on Instagram at the moment!!).
I’d like to enter the following challenges which are all anything goes (and I think O.K. with a drawing project). Do go and check out the amazing blogs…
I decided I needed more craft storage but I needed to keep it frugal. Having made storage for my Promarkers the next thing was storage for the Perfect Pearls. I bought a baking tray for a pound and everything else is from stash.
I used some plastic reinforcers with rivets from packaging and stuck them to the back of the tray. I then threaded ribbon through them to hang it up. I made the background paper using Craft Artist and printed it onto pearlescent paper.
I added flowers and skeleton leaves to one corner of the tray.
I used punches to create this rosette with scraps of paper. I added a gem from a pin to the middle. I coloured the edges of the tray using dabs of alcohol inks and pearlescent ink.
I cut and stuck magnets to the back of the Perfect Pearls.